While enjoying a day of relaxation after going and going since we arrived, we experienced something a little scary today. Sitting in an outdoor cafe on a quiet residential street, a transformer right behind this tree exploded. Loudly. Hugely. Once, and then again a few minutes later. It was as if someone was lighting fireworks in the street beside us but in your ear. I never saw something so hot pink and white. After everyone came out of their homes, a team of young electric company workers arrived to clean up and repair the scene. The cause of the explosion: a snake got into the wires in the box. I have a handful of gruesome photos…but those of you who care enough to see a petrified, smoking snake can see a private screening another time.